How can I find out what medical claims Health First Colorado has paid for?

You can submit a written request to receive copies of medical claims paid by Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid Program). The person making the request must be the Health First Colorado member or an authorized party. To become an authorized party you must fill out a Personal Representative Form. The completed Personal Representative form must be sent to Health First Colorado with a client’s request. Health First Colorado screens and processes the request to make sure it meets the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements. This may take up to two weeks.

Please send your written request to the following address:

Department of Health Care Policy & Financing
Privacy Officer
1570 Grant Street
Denver, CO 80203

Your request must include:

  • Dates of service requested
  • Member’s name
  • Member’s Health First Colorado ID Number
  • Photocopy of the member’s Health First Colorado card
  • Last 4 digits of the member’s Social Security Number
  • Member’s Date of Birth
  • A return mailing address
  • The relationship of the authorized party to the client
  • Copy of the member’s and authorized party’s identification or driver’s licenses
More Topics