Where can I get Outpatient Physical and Occupational Therapy services?

You can get Outpatient Physical and Occupational Therapies (PT/OT) at a clinic, a rehab center, a hospital when you are not admitted overnight, and other places. Your provider can help you pick the best place for you to get PT/OT services.

Outpatient PT/OT is not provided:

  • during an inpatient hospital stay,
  • when it is coordinated by a Home Health Agency, or
  • when it is performed in the school setting.

You can still get PT/OT services in these three settings but it will not count against the number of Outpatient PT/OT services you can get in a year.

More Topics