How do I change my Health First Colorado health plan?
You can change your Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid Program) health plan at any time during the first 90 days after you join. After 90 days, you can change once a year during your open enrollment, which is the two months before your birth month. You can also change your health plan any time you have good cause. Some examples of good cause might be:
- You move out of the health plan’s area
- The health plan does not cover the service you need
- You received poor quality care in the health plan you’re in now
- You can’t find a provider to treat your problem
- Health First Colorado Enrollment made a mistake and put you in the wrong health plan
If you are on Health First Colorado Basic (formerly called regular Colorado Medicaid), you can join a health plan at any time.
To find out more about choosing your Health First Colorado health plan, See the Choose a Health Plan page or call Health First Colorado Enrollment at 303-839-2120 (in Denver) or 1-888-367-6557 (outside of Denver). Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (closed state holidays). The Health First Colorado Enrollment number is not for information on benefits or to find out if you qualify.