Provider Search Tool Frequently Asked Questions
- How do members use the search tool?
Members can search for providers by location, provider type, specialty, and/or name. Also see our How to Find a Health First Colorado Doctor walkthrough.
- How do providers update their contact information?
The information in the search results is limited to what individual providers provide to the Department. Providers are encouraged to keep their contact information current by using the Provider Enrollment Update Form or Web Portal, if applicable.
- How frequently is provider information updated?
Each month, a report of Health First Colorado providers is used to update the provider search tool on our website. The information in the search results is limited to what individual providers provide to the Department. Providers are encouraged to keep their contact information current by using the Provider Enrollment Update Form or Web Portal, if applicable.
- What if a provider does not have a member to bill on behalf of, but would like to be listed in the search results?
If a provider currently does not have a member to bill a new claim for, a previously paid claim may be resubmitted in order for the system to capture the provider information. The claim will deny appropriately; however, the provider’s information will display in the search tool’s results. Note: there is delay of up to 31 days before the search results display new provider information.
- What information does the provider search tool contain?
The provider search tool search results provide a list of providers sorted by providers’ names:
- Provider Legal Name / Doing Business As name
- Provider Type Description
- Specialty Description
- Location Address, City, State, and Zip
- Phone number
- What is the provider search tool?
The Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid Program) website contains a provider search tool that offers a resource for Health First Colorado members to search for and contact providers including physicians, dentists, and pharmacies. Members who use this tool to search for providers should keep in mind that they also need to contact the individual provider to confirm the provider is taking new Health First Colorado patients.
- What other criteria are used to decide which providers are included?
Providers must have billed Health First Colorado via an electronic or paper claim in the last 12 months.prpr
- Why is there a need for a provider search tool?
The Department of Health Care Policy & Financing maintains all Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid Program) information and works to make this information accessible so that members can find providers to deliver covered services.