I am a Health First Colorado or Child Health Plan Plus member and I just had a baby. How do I get health care coverage for my newborn?

If you are a woman enrolled in Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid Program) or Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) when your baby is born, you can add your newborn to your case online by reporting a change through your PEAK account at Colorado.gov/PEAK, or using the Health First Colorado mobile app. Your baby will then be automatically enrolled in health coverage until his or her first birthday.

You also have the option to report the birth of your baby to your county of residence human services office or a Medical Assistance (MA) site case worker near you. Once your baby is added to your case and you have their State ID, you are able to take your baby to the doctor.

More Topics