How can I find out what medical claims Health First Colorado has paid for?

You can submit a written request to receive copies of medical claims paid by Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid program) to our Privacy Officer using our Access to Protected Health Information form.

A Parent or Legal Guardian may sign on behalf of minor child. Legal Guardian, Power of Attorney, or equivalent may sign on behalf of adult. Documentation is required

Health First Colorado screens and processes the request to make sure it meets the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements. The Department will act on your request within 30 days (60 days if the information is off site), unless we provide you with notification in writing that a 30-day extension is needed.

Please send your written request with copies of your IDs to the following address:

Department of Health Care Policy & Financing
Privacy Officer
303 E. 17th Avenue
Denver, CO 80203

More Topics